winter's computers
found, loved, and nurtured for spring
my ugly geek secret

Tuesday 5 June 2007

woz

Model

  • Apple Macintosh SE/30
Introduced
  • 1989
CPU
  • Motorola MC68030 (68882 FPU), 16 MHz
RAM
  • 8 MB
Video
  • 9" Monochrome
Disk
  • 800 MB harddrive
Network
  • LocalTalk
Operating Systems
  • MacOS 7.5
I think the SE/30 is my all time favourite Mac, being quite a powerful computer for its time and very flexible. woz is currently running System 7.5 with a CD-ROM extension that allowed me to connect a CD-ROM via an external harddrive case (left open so I could put CDs in it) and install software from CD (before I had the AppleTalk network working with jobs). I've got a couple of real external SCSI CD-ROM drives now as well but I don't know yet if they'll work on an SE/30.

Some day, I just might try installing NetBSD on woz.

No comments: