winter's computers
found, loved, and nurtured for spring
my ugly geek secret

Saturday 2 June 2007

laurence

Model

  • HP Vectra VL800 MT
Introduced
  • 2001
CPU
  • Intel Pentium 4, 1700MHz
RAM
  • 1280 MB
Video
  • Matrox G450
Disk
  • 10 GB harddrive
  • 189 GB harddrive
  • DVD-ROM
Network
  • 100BASE-TX
Operating Systems
  • Ubuntu Linux 6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake)
Features

laurence is my secondary PC. It acts as a file server (which is why romeo doesn't have much disk space) and performs other centralized tasks like backups. I converted all my CDs to Ogg Vorbis files on laurence so I can listen to music from any PC in the house or from a laptop in the back yard (via my wireless network). With my pre-amplified turntable, I'll be converting all my vinyl albums to Ogg Vorbis next.

No comments: